Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot create any layouts

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nickH-5 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: create new layouts

When I try to create a new layout, it says it has saved but it does not appear in the list of layouts. I have disabled all plugins except Toolset ones and still have the same problem. I am using the Avada theme integration.

Also, although I am using the Avada integration, the header being pulled in to the Avada header component is not the current header but one which was present on the site a few days ago in development. Pages which don't use Layouts are fine.

Dear nick,

You are using a custom theme "Avada Child", there might be some custom codes in it, please try this:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to original parent Avada theme, and test again
2) Enable PHP debug mode, copy and paste the debug logs here
PHP Debugging
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

Thanks. I have all plugins disabled except Toolset ones and Fusion Core. I still cannot create Layouts.

I have moved back to Avada parent theme

I am not sure I have correctly followed the error_log.txt file instructions. I have modified wp-config.php and I have created error_log.txt in the httpdocs folder There is nothing being written to error_log.txt. I have changed User, Group and Public permissions to read and write. I am not an expert user so it is possible I am getting something wrong here.

Did you switch to the original parent Avada theme?
Is there any JS errors occur in your website when you save a layout?
Javascript Debugging
Many of the operations in WordPress require Javascript. Any error, due to anything, may cause all Javascript to stop and prevent things from happening. In Chrome, click on Tools->Javascript console. Normally, it should be clean. If you see any message, we should know about it.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

Thank you for the very rapid response.

I can confirm I am operating using Avada parent theme (not the child) and that all non-Toolset plugins except Fusion core are deactivated.

I did get a Javascript error:

js:34 Google Maps API error: ApiNotActivatedMapError hidden link

I there enabled the Google Maps PAI and this error has now disappeared and the Javascript console is clear.

I have tried again to create a layout but it is not being created (despite saying it has saved).

error_log.txt in the folder httpdocs is still empty. Is this error file in the right place?

Nick.

I think the issue is resolved. It looks as though I had moved a layout used in Avada to the Trash. Once I moved it back I THINK I have everything working again

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.