Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot Add Address Field Type

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user is unable to add the address field type from his computer.

Solution:

In this case it turned out to be the user's browser and his antivirus. SO if you are experiencing this issue please ensure that your antivirus for your browser is disabled and try again.

Alternatively you can try a different browser.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aaronM-9 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to add an Address field to one of my field groups and the button does not do anything when I click on it. I can click on any other type (single line, number, URL, etc.) but when clicking on Address simply nothing happens.

I have configured the 3 Google Maps API's and confirmed it is linked in the Toolset Maps settings. Now I'm running out of ideas on why it might not be working. Is there some configuration step I'm possibly missing?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the site so that I can check on this particular issue for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for the credentials.

I was able to add the address field with no issues at all.
hidden link

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I see that you were able to add it. Thanks. The only problem is that I still cannot do it myself. I wish I could show you. Do you use TeamViewer or anything like that? Literally when I click the button nothing happens.

- Aaron

Shane
Supporter

Hi Aaron,

It seems the issue is with the browser you're using. Have you tried a different browser as it works through the normal workflow for me.

Since this isn't an issue with the site then we wont be able to setup a teamview session for this.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I just tested it on a different browser (Internet Explorer - was previously using Chrome) and the issue is still occurring. It must be something on my computer and not specific to the browser. Do you have any suggestions of things I could check?

- Aaron

Shane
Supporter

Hi Aaron,

Thats strange as usually changing browsers can help.

Can you try one last thing and let me know the results? If you're to try using a different pc does this issue still persist.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I didn't have access to another PC and then it sort of slipped my mind. I was just able to test it on another machine and confirmed it does in fact work. However, it still doesn't work on my computer regardless of which browser I use. Since there is clearly something up with my computer, I'm not going to worry about it. If you have any ideas, I'm open to suggestion. Otherwise, we can close the ticket and I'll just use another computer when adding address field. Thanks for the help.

- Aaron

Shane
Supporter

Hi Aaron,

Unfortunately no i'm not able to tell whats wrong with the browser.

However what You can do is to check the browser's console when you are trying to add the field and see if there are any errors that show up there.

Thanks,
Shane

temp.jpg

Thanks. Check it out! I think we've found the problem. Not exactly sure how to get rid of it yet, but it looks like there is some sort of antivirus thing installed on the computer that's causing it to not work. See screen shot from the console.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Aaron,

It seems that something on your computer is blocking the script thinking thats its a virus. Maybe your antivirus in your browser is doing this.

Could you disable it and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Shane

Closing the ticket. I think I have enough to figure this one out - thanks for the help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.