Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can I use only one password field on registration form?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by himanshuS 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Opening up new ticket to resolve this issue - https://toolset.com/forums/topic/password-not-saved-on-registration/

I only want to have have password field on toolset registration form and make it work.

In my case, the user is created with one registration form but the password is not saved. The user has to use forgot password to reset password and try again.

Can this be done with just one password?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

On my test website, I couldn't reproduce this behavior.

1. I created a form to add a new user.
2. Checked the options "Auto-generate Username" and "Auto-generate Nickname", but unchecked "Auto-generate Password".
3. After saving the form switched on the "Expert mode" and removed the shortcode for the second password field:

[cred_field field='user_pass2' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']

4. After this, once I registered using this form with only one password field, I was able to log in using the same password that I used during the registration.

Can you please check if your website has any security plugin enabled, which is forcing a strong password requirements?

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.