Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can I submit CRED forms with a function?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by himanshuS 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have a custom post type called portfolio where I as an admin run a process called 'Create skill profile' on the edit post form.

This is a manual process and I would like to replicate the behavior on CRED eidt form submisson with a functions.
The main reason I need this is to email the user with the right format specified in the CRED form notiifcation.
The direct wp_mail() function does not work directly with PHP on my end and I want to leverage the setup I already have.

Is there a CRED_form() function I can use with the right variables to trigger submission and all its hooks and notifications?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The "cred_form" function can be used to get the form itself in the PHP code ( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_form ), however, it doesn't submit the form.

There is no built-in function or hook available to programmatically submit the form, so this will require some customization involving either CURL ( ref: hidden link ) or a custom script to simulate a page load and trigger form submission.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.