Skip Navigation

[Resolved] can I ask a technical support for a third theme integration?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Can I get help integrating Layouts into my custom theme?

Solution: In this case, I do not think integrating Layouts into your custom theme is a good idea. In general, you want to keep your custom theme styles but make some minor modifications. Layouts would not be best for this task.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-theme-integration/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jeffrey 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I bought a theme which is not included in the list of your themes integrated, because I love to use Visual Composer, but I do not know coding, I have read the article of https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-theme-integration/ and still can not understand how to do that, can I ask someone who can help me do that if possible? thanks a lot!

Hi, I will be glad to try to integrate Layouts in your theme. I need the following information:

1. Access to your wp-admin area
2. Access to your site via FTP
3. Permission to clone your site using the Duplicator plugin

I will enable a private reply here.

name of the theme is dt-the7, I forgot to tell yo what theme is it. thanks

I am not sure whether it will effect your operating or not, I created a child theme few minutes ago. thanks

Thank you, the day is closing for me here so I will have to pick up again in the morning. I will update you as soon as possible tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

Hi, I'm reviewing your theme and child theme now for integration with Layouts. I have a question though, before we begin, what is your purpose for wanting to integrate your theme with Layouts?

I ask this because it's possible to use Visual Composer to design the content area of your site without any need for Layouts integration. Most people are happy with their site's theme and the overall structure of their site. They would like to use Visual Composer to style the content area, but they don't want to use Layouts to rebuild the entire structure of their site. For these people, Layouts is not really necessary. Only if you want to rebuild the entire structure of your site - header, footer, sidebar, navigation, etc - is Layouts integration necessary.

Please let me know if you have reviewed the VC Content Templates overview here:
https://toolset.com/2016/05/toolset-2-1-preview-visual-composer-integration-content-templates/

If you need to integrate with Layouts for a specific reason, please let me know.

QQ图片20170417113103.png
QQ图片20170417112838.png
QQ图片20170417112556.png

Hi Christian, thank you for the good question, I do not know whether or not it need to be integrated with Toolset as well, I want to style the sidebar, and reconstruct the related articles in case of I need, for example, I want to display the categories with thumbnails on sidebar, I am going to define the location as category, I need display the description with a banner on the header of archive pages, actually I do not know if I need to do that as well, but this theme can not be customized on these parts, I do not know whether I can build a template instead of old one as well, but now it can not be replaced, shown on dashboard of toolset. I just guess if I integrate with toolset, I can edit these parts if I want. :), yes I do not know coding, and reading in English is a little hard for me, I do even not understand how to use toolset very well, so if you do think I need to integrate please let me know :), some questions on the screenshots I took, please check the attachment. Have a great day! Thanks

Hi, it appears that you marked this ticket as "resolved" - did you want me to continue helping or have you decided to close this issue?

my site is not a blog site, to use blog is that I think blog is perfect to display my goal. I need search function as well, so I think I have to use toolset for construct something else, if it is not feasible, please let me know, thank you so much

QQ图片20170417115221.png

sorry, I did forget to check box with I still need assistance last time, 🙂

q4.png
q3.png
q2.png
q1.png

Hi, I don't think you should integrate Layouts in your theme. If you do this, you will lose the entire site design and have to start over from scratch. Based on the images you have provided, it seems like you want to continue using your current site design, but with some minor changes. Therefore I do not recommend integrating Layouts in your theme. Instead, I recommend making changes to your site's templates in order to update your site.

I've answered your questions on each screenshot, please see the attachments. We try to resolve one issue per forum post, so if you have multiple questions like this please create separate tickets for each question. This way you will get the fastest support, and other users can find answers to similar questions easily.

Thank you so much for your quick response, I agree with your recommendation. I will ask someone who knows front-end technical to achieve my ideas. thanks a lot, have a good day 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.