Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can a toolset view read the user data created with the "profile builder" plugin?

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andreaP-10 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hello,
from the "Profile Builder" plugin (cozmoslab) I created two new roles for users who register on my wordpress site and several fields, including billing data and other that the user fill during his registration process

Now I would like to read this data to insert it in a map that allows to find users with a certain role (e.g. clients can find doctors)

I tried to do this either by a new toolset view and a new user form but I can't able to reach this goal

Is there any way to do this?

Thank you very much

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Toolset Forms and search field filters in views are designed to work with the fields defined through Toolset Types. As other plugins store their data in different formats/structures, those fields can't be used with these Toolset elements.

Is there any special feature that you find missing in Toolset and for which you're using the "Profile Builder" plugin?

regards,
Waqar

No, there are no specific reasons why I use the "Profile Builder" plugin. I just used it on other sites and it worked fine for my needs. But if I want to follow the way I started on this site, I have to switch completely to Toolset. Anyway, now my problem is solved. Thanks!

Cattura2.JPG
Cattura.JPG

Hi Waqar,
in the user form page I found the notice in the attachment. This notice me that I can manage non-Toolset User Fields by setting field type and assign field attributes. Then I can use them in Toolset Forms.
In fact, now in the user form I'm allowed to use those fields
May is this a new feature?
Thank you very much

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad that you were able to make this work.

That option to include non-Toolset user fields is not new and I apologize for missing it from my earlier reply.

If you're able to use the "Profile Builder" plugin's fields through this feature, then it means that it stores its user fields data in WordPress standard way and you can safely update those fields using Toolset Forms.

Yes I'm able to manage the fileds trough this feature. Thank you. My issue is resolved now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.