Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Calculate Freight Price from 2 Destinations using Maps

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I would like to use Maps Plugin and i want to calculate freight price from seller's to buyer's adres(es). Is it and how it possible with Toolset and Maps plugin?

Many Thanks and Best Regards!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I don't think there is a great deal Toolset Maps can help with here.

It is used for adding location fields to posts (directly as lat/lon coordinates, or indirectly by entering an address and using the Google API to convert the address into lat/lon coordinates), and then displaying those posts on a map given their coordinates.

How do you intend to calculate the freight prices? Based simply on the distance between two locations (irrespective of if they are in the same country, cross the sea etc.) or by some other means, integrating with a freight API or somesuch?

In any case that implies a custom solution, it is not something Toolset can do out of the box.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.