Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Build a woocommerce site with FacetWP and Toolset

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jeffrey 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi, I am trying to build a woocommerce site with Facet as a product filter, I noticed that searching and filtering speed are very fast. also, FacetWP is the most powerful compare to alternatives. However, I noticed FacetWp is incompatible with Toolset https://toolset.com/forums/topic/the-integration-with-facet-wp/, in the meantime, I also noticed there are some support tickets about problem solving. I would use FacetWP for the product filter including some custom fileds, it may include Checkbox filed, and Date range. Can you please confident say what kind of field filtering and searching are nonsupport? If there are any workaround for the compatibility? So, I can correctly evaluate if I need to use it as a product filter. Thanks!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

FacetWP has built-in support for WooCommerce, and Toolset shouldn't affect that.

I assume, then, that you mean if you use Toolset to add additional custom fields or taxonomies to products, can you also use FacetWP to filter by those fields?

In principle, yes, specifically for those fields which are stored as simple string values. As well as Single Line fields, that would include numeric fields, urls, emails etc., as well as option fields that can save only a single value. So a Select field can have many options, but what is saved in wp_postmeta is just the value of the selected option. I think you should find the same for a checkbox field and a radio field. The Checkboxes field type is saved in a proprietary format, so that would not be suitable.

And date fields are saved as timestamps, which makes them highly suited to filtering, but FacetWP is unlikely to be able to filter by Toolset date fields because it wouldn't know to present a datepicker UI and convert that to a timestamp for the comparison.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

{ticket status updated}

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.