Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Build a block using Toolset Blocks with full width and no padding

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Build a block using Toolset Blocks with full width and no padding

I would like to build a layout like this page with Toolset Blocks:
hidden link

However, the page looks like this:
hidden link

How to make the top block (background image with Custom Post Title) to look like the example above?

The domains above are development sites for the ILSC.io domain.

Many thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I need to check first what theme you are using and is it possible to make a full-width layout for your custom post type single page.

I need admin access details to check this further.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details. The first thing I found is that you are using an outdated theme version. Please update that.

I checked on your install and found that on the single post page of Course post type:
=> hidden link

It adds a div with the class uk-container where it defines the max-width to 1360px.

.uk-container{
box-sizing:content-box;
max-width:1360px;
margin-left:auto;
margin-right:auto;
padding-left:15px;
padding-right:15px
}

So, this is coming from the theme, Toolset to not add CSS class like .uk-container, I suggest you contact theme author and check with them how you can modify your single post template to display the top section with image to full-width.

Hello Minesh,

Many thanks.

I've now updated the theme and also contacted Yootheme support. However, I'm having other issues now with the Custom Post Type "Courses".

After updating the theme, the layout is not applied to the Custom Post Type.

The layout is correctly assigned to Courses.
But not applied when I load the page: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

That is another issue. As per our support policy, we entertain only one question per ticket. This will help other users searching on the forum as well as help us to write correct problem resolution summery.

I'll split the ticket with your newe question. You are welcome to close this ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.