Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Bug with delete post link redirect to page not accessible

This support ticket is created 2 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesR-13 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Capture.PNG

Please see attached image.

When i am trying to add a Delete post link, with a redirect to another page after, the dropdown list is not accessible as it is below the bottom border of the window, and there is no way to scroll down to select the desired page from the list.

If I try to click the scroll bar to scroll down to the list, the list closes, and the scroll bar disappears. The scroll wheel also doesn't work because the main window is not focused.

This occurs in multiple browsers. I was able to work around it by editing the css of the page, but otherwise could not access the list.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've tested this modal/dialog window and the drop-down list on a couple of different browsers ( Chrome, Firefox, Safari ), but couldn't reproduce this issue.

In all tests, the drop-down list's options are shown above the boundary of the modal/dialog window.
( screenshot: hidden link )

From your screenshot, it seems that some plugin or theme is loading the older UI theme for the dialog window.
( notice how UI elements like title bar, tabs, and buttons are more rounded and have a gradient background in your screenshot )

Can you please make sure that WordPress, active theme and plugins are updated to the latest version?

regards,
Waqar

Everything is up to date.

I am using the Divi theme.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back and I couldn't reproduce this issue, even with the Divi theme on my test website.

Can you please share the temporary admin login detail of your website, along with the link to the page where this modal/dialog can be seen?

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that a CSS file ( /wp-content/plugins/pdf-print/bws_menu/css/jquery-ui-styles/1.12.1/jquery-ui.css ) from the "PDF & Print by BestWebSoft" file is responsible for this styles conflict. It is loading the older version of the jQuery UI styles.

Screenshot with these styles:
hidden link

Screenshot without these styles:
hidden link

You can report this to the "PDF & Print by BestWebSoft" plugin's support team, so that they can include the newer version jQuery UI styles or share some other workaround.

I deactivated the plugin and the delete post dialog is now working correctly. Thank you!
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.