Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Bootstrap integration with OceanWP theme

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I purchased Toolset a few days ago so I can create a customised display of my Woocommerce products (a work in progress). I have only been working with it for a few days and I like all that the plugin offers and hope to be able to continue working with it. I am not a developer (I have no PHP knowledge and struggle with CSS). It was mentioned that OceanWP is a good theme to use with Toolset and since I have the theme, I purchased Toolset. The plugins seem to be designed to work with Bootstrap CSS. I assume that I should enable Bootstrap in the plugin settings. This creates some conflicts with OceanWP and I lose some theme functionality. The top bar and widget menus disappear and the Customizer fails in the backend. To get around this I go to the Toolset settings and disable Bootstrap CSS. When I do this, my single product display is a mess, but I am able to open customizer.

At the moment, you will not be able to see the items that have failed in the theme because I have turned them off (Top Bar and widget menu), so a website visitor has a good experience.

Ideally, I would like to use my theme CSS and not have to rely on Bootstrap to get the woocommerce product display to look right. This would give me back the entire theme functionality. Is there a way to integrate Toolset with OceanWP theme, without bootstrap?

At the moment, Bootstrap is on in Toolset so my Woocommerce single product page looks right.
hidden link

I have not yet created a product archive page with Toolset.

I tried to use duplicator and the file was too big to create. Please let me know if I can do anything else to assist you.

Hello,

I have searched google, it seems there are some conflict issues between between "Bootstap" and OceanWP theme, for example:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/conflict-with-bootstrap/
hidden link

Yes, you are right, Toolset Layouts plugin is based on Bootstap framework.
hidden link
If you are going to use Layouts to design website posts/pages(single product page), then you need to use option "Toolset should load Bootstrap 3.0", see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/using-toolset-with-oceanwp-theme/#important-toolset-settings
section "Important Toolset settings"

And section "Solving Bootstrap CSS conflicts":
If you encounter the situation where theme.css CSS definitions override bootstrap.css you can use a simple workaround to fix this issue. All that you need to do is to add styles that get overwritten to the Toolset Forms with an !important rule.

After further consideration, I think it would be best for me if I ask for a refund and discontinue Toolset. Kindly let me know what I should do next. I purchased Toolset one week ago and I feel there will be too much additional work to incorporate it within OceanWP. Should I choose to buy a new Bootstrap theme, I will buy Toolset again. Please let me know what the next step is in getting a refund.

Thank you.

Sorry to hear that, you can ask for refund here:
https://toolset.com/buy/refund-policy/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.