Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Blog post styling for email view

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kyleM-7 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Example of a format I'm going for.png
Email output Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 8.59.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 8.58.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 8.59.04 AM.png

Hello Toolset,

I am trying to optimize styling of my blog posts as they appear in email.

I've had email function buttons created within the view that appears on my main post grid and an email function button created with PHP for emailing single blog post pages.

I am trying to style the PHP code so that the emails of my blog posts received by users look more professional.

Is it possible to add additional CSS to the single.php file, or create a special content template maximized for email view, or incorporate a SendGrid template with the custom fields from my blog?

Images attached and relevant links and credentials below. Thanks so much!

hidden link

wscdc.com
wscadminguest
Jerseynew1!

cloudways.com
Newjersey1
kmulroy@wscdc.com

sendgrid.com
kmulroy@wscdc.com
Newjersey1!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To style your email- you should add all the custom CSS you want within the email body and wrap all the custom CSS with style tag.

Here is the little example with the related ticket:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cant-fint-text-mode-in-the-notification-to-create-a-html-e-mail-confirmation

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 8.59.04 AM.png

Thanks Minesh. I've been thinking about how to reply because I'm not sure I understand your suggestion.

When I view a blog post page on my website, I click the email button and enter the email address to deliver the contents of the post.

The contents of the email that gets delivered contains the fields that I put in the single.php file but with limited css ability, at least it seems.

When you say "add all the custom CSS you want within the email body", do you mean within the single.php file?

Sorry my knowledge is rudimentary.

Thanks!

Hi Minesh. Just sending a ping on this ticket. Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Ahh, it seems you are using totally different feature to send an email.

I was assuming that you were using the Toolset Form's email notification but you are not.
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/send-notifications-when-someone-submits-the-form/

What you you are using is not does not seem to be Toolset feature. How you are sending email? Is that send email button is added by you or theme?

Using what plugin/theme/custom code email is sent?

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 6.31.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 6.19.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 6.21.51 AM.png

I hired a freelance dev to add this button to this view: hidden link

JS was added to the loop editor.

And then I had the button added for my toolset single post template

hidden link

For this code was added to my single.php file.

I didn’t realize adding the code for these buttons was so complicated – it’s been a year since I started!

Now I’d like to be able to style the email output myself, but I’m not sure how. As I mentioned I use sendgrid. Not sure if that’s relevant. Thanks for any ideas.

Kyle

Minesh
Supporter

I'm afraid that this is pure custom code which is beyond the scope of our support policy.

We are not allowed to debug or support such custom edits, you may have to contact that developer and share your concern to him as we do not have using what Tool he is sending email (obviously not using Toolset forms email notification)

if you need custom programming help for your project, You can invite any of the listed certified partners with the following link:
=> https://toolset.com/contractors/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.