Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Block editor not work whith Dynamic Button URL

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screenshot_66.png
Screenshot_65.png
Screenshot_64.png

I'm try to create in block editor template of View. I'm add to block editor 2 field: "Title of webinar" and "Url promo page" (as custom field).
When i try to add button with dynamic url, does not work as it should. URL page as dinamic - work good, but url of custom filed not work correct - button disappears. But only URL custom field work correct when i add as link after Title.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand you would like to have a button and link that button with the URL coming from custom field - correct?
If yes:
I would like to know where you added the button and what custom field holds the URL value and how exactly you want to display the button with URL.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

This is really strange. I've added two buttons to the content template where first button is set to use the static URL and the last button is set to use the dynamic URL coming from the custom field.
=> hidden link

I can see both the buttons available on the frontend. I've also added the grid and added the buttons within the grid cell.

Can you please try to add buttons without grid and make a simple test - does that works? If no:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes? - Do you see any difference?

I'm deactivate all third-party plugins and set Twenty Twenty theme, and try to add Heading 1 (title post), Heading 2 (custom field), also Button with static URL, after button with dynamic URL (custom field). I get the same result (with grid, whithout grid): header with dynamic field is not visible, buttons with dynamic url are not visible. You can see it on page in the previous Private message.

Minesh
Supporter

I can see you are using outdated view's plugin version.

Can you please download and install the current Toolset Views plugin version 3.3.2.
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/#legacy-plugins

does this help you to resolve your issue?

I'm update plugin Views, but not see changes.

Minesh
Supporter

This is really strange.

You can access my site:
=> hidden link
User: demo
pass: Admin@999

I've created the following content template where I've added the Heading and button block:
=> hidden link

And on frontend I can see the heading and button block displays the correct dynamic output:
=> hidden link

Do you see it working with my test site? or if I didnt setup correctly can you make changes there and check if you able to reproduce the issue with my test site?

Your test site has no problem, but my problem is still not resolved, I would like to do something to solve it.

Screenshot_67.png
Screenshot_68.png

When I decided that the old post types were broken and added new types with custom fields, the Toolset completely breaks the structure of the custom fields. A group of custom fields with a specific name merges with another group of custom fields that are attached to a different type of publication (this can be seen when adding a field type Text and Fields to the content template).

For example, in screen you "Описание заявки", but here in one group there are 2 groups of fields, tied to different types of posts.

When i ad new post types with other group fields, group of fileds can add to other random group.

I think I still found one problem when I renamed the field groups in English, although their short name was in English and before that, buttons and titles with custom fields began to appear. There was no problem before, all fields were named in Russian.

Minesh
Supporter

For example, in screen you "Описание заявки", but here in one group there are 2 groups of fields, tied to different types of posts.
When i ad new post types with other group fields, group of fileds can add to other random group.
==>
Thats really strange, no other user reported such issue otherwise our forum will be full of such reports and it will be a mess.

I think I still found one problem when I renamed the field groups in English, although their short name was in English and before that, buttons and titles with custom fields began to appear. There was no problem before, all fields were named in Russian.
==>
Do you mean that if you rename the field label to English text, the button with dynamic URL started working? If yes: Can you please share information what custom field you renamed with English label and what what the text you added as label before you rename it?

Screenshot_71.png
Screenshot_70.png

I renamed only Groups of fields. Custom fields did not change. Prior to that, the group of fields was named in Russian (In this case, there is no label), all fields are the same, except for short titles. In screen: red - older Group (working), yellow - new renamed Group.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Minesh is on vacation this week, so, if you don't mind, I'll continue with you on this ticket.

I logged into your website and I can see the issue, the buttons with a dynamic link from a custom field do not appear on the frontend.
I am not sure to understand your last replies about renaming the field groups in English. Does that fix the issue for you? What impact does it have?

I can't access plugins or update to check if you are using the latest updates. I assume that you are. So, I can suspect different causes for this issue:
- Server related issues: We can verify this if we take a copy of your website and check it locally or on our online platform.
- A bug related to the Cyrillic alphabet. We can verify this by trying to reproduce the issue in a clean install on our platform.

I suggest that we, first, verify if it's a bug, that way, I can escalate it to our 2nd Tier quickly, if it is not a bug, we can migrate your site to our platform and check if it's a server related issue.

Please login to our test site with the following URL, create a custom post type, a field group with only one URL field, name everything in Cyrillic and numbers(so, it will be easy for me) hidden link

If the issue is not reproduced, we'll need to take a copy of your website, or I can send you instructions on how to migrate it to our platform.

Hello, Jamal!

hidden link

The button problem persisted.
In this case, only all headers are displayed normally, on my site they were not shown all and not always.
When i renamed group of field, button and other fields are working.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Thank you very much for your collaboration.

I have also created a new Field Group, in Latin characters, with a URL field named in Cyrillic characters and its button was rendered without issues. The issue seems to be related to the non-Latin field groups.

I am escalating this issue to our 2nd Tier for further analysis, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Currently, as a workaround, you can either rename the field groups to Latin characters or create your own buttons inside a Fields&Text block using Toolset shortcodes. Because shortcodes use fields slug, you will be able to pull the URLs from these fields.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do.