Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Beaver Builder View broken when inserted into content template

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The output of a View where the linked content template is designed with Beaver Builder appears broken.

Solution:
You cannot nest Beaver Builder-designed output. So if the output of a View is created using Beaver Builder, that View cannot then be inserted on a page or template designed with Beaver Builder.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-beaver-builder/best-practices-creating-templates-beaver-builder/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jimP 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I recently had a problem with my Beaver Builder content templates, which were resolved via updating Views as per this errata page:

https://toolset.com/errata/content-templates-built-with-beaver-builder-2-0-are-not-rendered-properly/

But, I believe upon updating BB to the most recent (Pro 2.0.4), I am now having a problem with a view inserted into a content template. See e.g. this page:

hidden link

Scroll down to the "Related Axes" section to see where the view is inserted into this content template. The data is being correctly pulled from the view, but not formatted as per the view, which uses BB to do styling.

To my recollection, this problem did not exist with the previous (v2.n) version of BB.

I am running Toolset Types 2.2.21 and Views 2.5.2.

I have a number of educational users on this site and would appreciate if we find a way to resolve it asap.

Regards,

Jim P.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jim

I suspect the issue is with nesting BB-designed content, which isn't possible (it's a limitation of Beaver Builder CSS which doesn't envisage such a use).

So if you create a View and you want to design the output of the View (a connected content template) using Beaver Builder, that's okay as long as the place where the View is inserted is not also designed with Beaver Builder.

So you can insert it on a page that's not designed with BB, or you can insert it into a Content Template that is not designed with BB.

It sounds like you may have designed the output of a View with BB and inserted it in a template designed with BB, would that be right?

That's not something that has ever been supported: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-beaver-builder/best-practices-creating-templates-beaver-builder/

If that's not the case and you have a problem let me know and I'll investigate further.

Okay, well, it has always *worked*, even if never *supported*, until the recent BB update.

I have gone ahead and formatted the View in HTML to resolve the problem.

Jim P.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.