Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Bad display on maps

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fabriceS 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi !

I have an issue with the display of the all the properties on a map of my real-estate website.
You can see the issue on this page:

hidden link

The addresses have been entered or with an address or with coordinates.
It was displayed correctly in the past but not anymore...

The issue is happening on the search page with all the properties and also on each individual page at the bottom of the pages.

Could you please have a look on what's wrong ?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Frabrice,

Thank you for getting in touch. I've checked on your site and notice there are quite a few javascrip errors on the sites console.

If possible can you quickly disable all the non-toolset plugins to see if the issue remains. If that is not possible to do are you able to recall when did you notice the issue and what were the last changes that were made on the site ?

Once we can confirm then we can proceed with some further debugging.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Unfortunately deactivating the non-Toolset plugins does not change anything.
I don't remember exactly but I think a month ago it was displaying correctly.

Can you please investigate a little ?

Many thanks,

Fabrice

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 10.38.33 AM.png

Hi Fabrice,

I setup a copy of your site on my localhost and the maps work without any issues see screenshot.

Checking your debug data I saw that your mysql version is 5.5 where our server requirements state that a minimum of version 5.6 is required.

Based on the symptoms here I definitely believe this is being caused by a server issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane.

I've asked WordPress to know how to upgrade to 5.6 version, but they answered this:

"WordPress.com uses MariaDB 10.3, as outlined here: hidden link

Generally, the two are very compatible with one another, with a few exceptions: hidden link

The Toolset authors might need to review their plugin compatibility with MariaDB, as many hosts use this instead of standard MySQL. "

What can we do now to make it working ?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Fabrice,

For clarity did this work before ? Was it a recent occurrence?

Before escalating I will need to ensure that we've covered the preliminaries so that our 2nd tier team has all the information they need.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

This was working fine before.
Our other website treesadvisers.com is almost the perfect replica of pierreetmontagnes.com and still work fine...

Shane
Supporter

Hi Fabrice,

I did a comparison to the treesadvisers.com and noticed that your plugins on the hidden link site was outdated.

Can you go ahead and perform the updates to our Toolset plugins and let me know if you're till experiencing any issues after this update?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Unfortunately, the update does not change anything... Still not displaying correctly.

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 1.41.32 PM.png

Hi Fabrice,

Checking further on the issue the problem seems to be with the coordinates of the location.

Do these locations have any formal addresses? Also I noticed that when I removed some of the coordinate values the location shows up.

For example the post below that has the coordinates of
hidden link
{46.15190061013253,6.660506824745198}

I removed the 8 from the longitude and the map started to display. Perhaps you may need to shorten the coordinate length as the floating point value might be too long for your server.

Thanks,
Shane

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 10.20.34.png

Hi Shane,

I'm pretty sure it is not the issue. The server is a wordpress.com server with a 1 year old account.

if you take this property:

hidden link

The coordinates are very short (45.3804019 ; 6.504104) and there is a physical address. this is completely out of location on the map.

I'm really sorry to insist but It becomes very urgent now for us to display the properties on the map correctly as we are in a marketing schedule to push our site and properties...

Hoping we can find a solution.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 9.54.21 AM.png

Hi Fabrice,

This map in the link below isn't showing on your end?
hidden link

It does show up for me without any issues. See Screenshot

Is there any other that isn't showing up for you ? Perhaps I can check for similarities.

Thanks,
Shane

I've changed all the coordinates by hand (which is time consuming !).
All seems to be displayed correctly on the individual pages but the "searching page" display a large world map where the "Adjust zoom and center to show all markers at once" with all the properties does not work.

So I think something else is not working correctly out of the coordinates. The display was still working correctly 2 weeks ago so I have doubt about a server version issue...

Shane
Supporter

Hi Fabrice,

Regarding the issue on the main map. I believe the zoom isn't working because its not adjusting to show all the map markers at once so when you click on the spiderfy it opens the cluster to show all the markers.

To work around this i've used a manual center to adjust the center of the map over France and adjust the zoom level from there.

Please let me know if this workaround is ok for you.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Unfortunately this workaround is not acceptable. It was working for months and it has to work like on the Trees Advisers website as it is exactly the same !

hidden link

It really need to work the same way...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.