Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Back button reset query instead of keeping it.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by FelipeP5703 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: My customers are complaining that after they choose a filter then select a custom post, when they click the back button they have to select the filter again.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: I expect that when the visitor clicks the back button after choosing a custom post, that they are taken back to the query with what they have chosen as a filter.

Instead, I got: Reset filters.

Here is a video: hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Felipe,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To ensure that selected query options stay selected, when the back button option is used, you can select the "Update URLs after loading search results" option in the view's "Custom Search Settings" section.

Example screenshot: hidden link

This will append the query filters in the URL, which will be used by the browser when reaching back.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar,

I looked for the option to Update URL but it's not there: hidden link Although it's in Portuguese, URL is not translated to anything, and the option should have been above the Javascript section.

I also have to show all options available: hidden link

So I'm not sure what to do now.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Please go to WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> Front-end Content and make sure that the following two options are checked under the "Browser history management" section:

1. Enable history management setttings for manual AJAX pagination
2. Enable history management setttings for AJAX custom search

Screenshot: hidden link

These options are enabled by default, but if they're disabled, it would explain the missing options on the view's edit screen.

Thank you Waqar! I had those settings off for some reason! My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.