Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Assign custom archive to taxonomy term

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

My domain is hidden link

In our contacts directive, one taxonomy is which "committee" the contact is a member of. At the full page for each contact, their committee's should link back to the archive.

For example, Deborah is a member of PEC, see her profile at: hidden link
I want PEC to lead to this post, which is where Ive created an archive for PEC: hidden link
However, the link automatically links to an automatically generated archive: hidden link

How can I assign hidden link as the archive page?

Kind Regards

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for contacting our support.

Unfortunately no you're not able to create a custom archive for the taxonomy term itself 🙁

However you might be able to create individual pages for your terms and then link to those pages from the posts themselves.

Could you let me know which shortcode you are using to display the terms on the profile page .

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.