Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Assign access to a specific CPT (Parts) for specific User

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I'm trying to setup a platform that we can make parts available to specific users; these are the users' IP so should only be visible to admin and the specific user.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

We have looked through your documentation but are struggling to find a way. We were hoping to link users to a specific post and only allow users that are linked to be able to see that post.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

We have not started building this yet, we wanted to understand how first.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

If I understand you correctly you have a custom post type called Parts and you added some part in WordPress already

Then you have WordPress users added and now you want for example a specific part to be available only to specific users.

If that is the scenario, I suggest that you use Toolset access and follow the steps mentioned below:

https://toolset.com/course-lesson/restricting-access-to-pages/

So basically you will create a post group. Add the parts that you want to be available for the group.
And add the users to that group.
Then you can decide to allow those users to have the read permission and all others to avoid having the read permission.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.