Skip Navigation

[Closed] Alpha listing glossary on business directory

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hello,

I had a previous support request (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/setting-up-business-directory/) helping me implement an alpha listing glossary for the a business directory, but it has stopped working for no reason.

When I click on any of the list alpha items, the page loads, but the view does not change. See hidden link as an example. You will need to use wordpressadmin and GwY9vLVBq3mJtgCwUUcx to log into the development site.

Cheers,

Hello,

It is a custom codes issue, please provide your website credentials in below private message box, I need to test and debug it in a live website, thanks

Thanks for the details, I have done below modifications in your website:
Edit the post view "Alpha Term Listing":
hidden link
in section "Loop Editor", change it from:

<wpv-loop>
		</wpv-loop>

To:

<ul class="wpv-loop js-wpv-loop">
		<wpv-loop>
			<li>
				[wpv-post-link]
			</li>
		</wpv-loop>
	</ul>

You just need to output the search results in above post view.

Hello,

Thanks for updating the code.

I am still addressing some related issues, so please keep this ticket open.

Cheers,

I have marked this thread as "Waiting for feedback" status, you can update here if you still need more assistance for it.

Hello,

How would I go about creating two different views, one for displaying the alpha term listings and the categories like hidden link and another displaying the alpha term listings and listings without the categories displayed below like hidden link.

Currently, the view displays everything on the hidden link and the hidden link pages.

The main Business Directory page currently uses this code:

[wpv-view name="alpha-term-listing"]
[wpv-view name="listing-categories"]

Can a separate page be created to handle the other page view types with different content being displayed?

Cheers,

To avoid more misunderstandings, please elaborate the question with more details:
Can a separate page be created to handle the other page view types with different content being displayed?

If you want to pass term title as URL parameters to the another page and view, you can setup the term link with HTML codes for example:

<a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>;">[wpv-taxonomy-title]</a>

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-taxonomy-title

The topic ‘[Closed] Alpha listing glossary on business directory’ is closed to new replies.