Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Allow users to manage their items in WordPress

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user was having issues with allowing his users to edit their posts on their account page.

Solution:

In this user's case the problem was that the form that they were submitting the posts with were submitting the posts as drafts. This necessitates an admin to go in and then publish each post. However in this case the author of the post will no longer be the user who created the post but the one who publishes it.

In order for this to work as intended the user who created the post must be assigned as the author.

For more details on how to setup this account management you can have a look at the documentation below.
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1622969-1655453/

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yoshihikoH 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Home »Course» WordPress Directory and Classifieds Sites »Registering Users from the Front-end on Directory Sites» Allow users to manage their items in WordPress

I created a "view listing the items of the currently logged in user".
And I set it according to the toolset manual as follows.
Start by creating a simple View. Then, use the Query Filter to select only the posts created by the currently logged-in user.

1.Edit the “My Account” page and insert the View block.
2.Create a new View, select the type of content you want to list, and design its output.
3.Click to select the main View block and in the right sidebar, expand the Content Selection section. And Query Filter section.
4.Click the Add a filter button in the Query Filter subsection.
5.In the dialog that appears, select to filter by Post author and click Add query filter.
6.In the right sidebar, make sure that the Post author is the same as the logged in user option is selected and click Save.

As a result, My Items aren't showing up in My Account, so I need your help on what's wrong with my settings so that they can be seen.

screencapture-jobseek-miyagi-wp-admin-post-php-2022-07-21-15_53_43.png

I will send you the image in my account page.

※As you can see, it is displayed on the administrator page, but it is not displayed well on the client page.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.
Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

Please where applicable please provide me with a link to an example page where I can see the issue.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I'm not seeing where you've sent me a link to the page that you're having the issue with.

What I need is a link to the page that was captured in your screenshot.

Thanks,
Shane

Dear shane,

I'm very sorry.
It is as follows.
The captured page is here.
hidden link

The information posted as a client is as follows.
Password: test-wan
Email: info@jobsearch-x.com

Press login on the site front end and main menu
Press ログイン (login in translation)
Posted information is not displayed

Regards,

Yoshiihiko

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I believe I see the issue. Your form is essentially set to create the posts and set it to "waiting for review".

Is it a case where once the user posts the job you will manually go in and review and publish the job ? If such is the case then the user who created the job won't be set as the Post Owner. The owner of the post will become the Admin who actually publishes the posts.

Unfortunately this is a function of wordpress and not much we can do about this. The workaround here is after you've published the post, you will set the post author back to the original user who created the post.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.