Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Allow guest to create post using Gravity Forms

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.15 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to use Gravity Forms to a. register a new user and b. create a new post. Normally, Gravity Forms can do this without any problems, but since I have activated Toolset Access it is no longer possible. I am unable to assign the post to the new user.

How can I allow a guest to create a post via the front end without also needing to use Toolset forms?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/allow-guest-user-to-create-custom-post-using-toolset-form/

What is the link to your site?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Lucy,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Based on what you've shared, I understand that using the Gravity Forms, you can register a new user and allow that new user to add a new post as an author. But this doesn't work when you activate Toolset Access.

If my understanding is correct, I'll need to see how these forms and the user capabilities are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the link to pages where these forms can be seen?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

And the instructions from the other support ticket are not relevant in this case, because you're using Gravity Forms and not Toolset Forms.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.