Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Allow a user to create a product that can then be purchased (Marketplace)

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to build marketplace site using Toolset plugins

Solution:
To implement marketplace site that fit the needs of it, you need to create products instead of listings and this is not something supported by our Toolset Classifieds

However - this would be implemented by 'customizing' classifieds site (which may require lots of custom coding work) too. My idea is:

1) create a standard woocommerce site that sells products.
2) use our cred user form to accept new users
3) new users will be allowed to create products in front end via CRED.
4) user will be provided with necessary woocommerce roles via access.

I think that's a more realistic approach instead of going through the classifies and the end result should be like that we will have products created by users and since its a WooCommerce product post type. it can be displayed with CT and our WC Views so it will have the add to cart button.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/learn/wordpress-classifieds-site/building-marketplace-sites-with-woocommerce-and-toolset/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author

I am trying to: Build a marketplace site.

I would like to allow a user to create a product that can then be sold to customers using woocommerce. The Content Template of the created product should have the woocommerce add to cart button.
The creator of the product gets charged a commission fee.

Do you know of a good way how to implement this?

Thank your for your help.
Nicholas

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

We have very nice tutorial that will help you to build your marketplace site - I suggest you should go through it:
https://toolset.com/learn/wordpress-classifieds-site/building-marketplace-sites-with-woocommerce-and-toolset/

Hello Minesh! Thank your for the quick answer and for the link.

I am more like trying to build a multivendor marketplace site. While this classifieds tutorial helped me alot I would like to allow a vendor to create a product that can then be sold to customers using woocommerce.
In the tutorial it is only possible to contact the advertiser/vendor. How do you add an "add to cart button" to the "contact the advertiser" button.
The ad the vendor posts or in my case the product should be sold through the shop (woocommerce).
So it's not just only a classifieds site.

Do you think this is possible with Toolset? What's the best way to implement this?

Thank you for your help.

Nicholas

Oh I didn't give any examples what the site should be like.
The site should be similiar in functionality to marketplace sites like etsy and ebay for example.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Actually - classifieds site allows users to add listings and these listings are created in WordPress as 'Listing' post type (you can check that with our reference site example for details) where other users may then view listings created by other users and if user is interested in that listing, user will contact that user that creates that listing

To implement your marketplace and to fit the your needs, you need to create products instead of listings and this is not something supported by our Toolset Classifieds

However - this would be implemented by 'customizing' classifieds site (which may require lots of custom coding work) too. My idea is:

1) create a standard woocommerce site that sells products.
2) use our cred user form to accept new users
3) new users will be allowed to create products in front end via CRED.
4) user will be provided with necessary woocommerce roles via access.

I think that's a more realistic approach instead of going through the classifies and the end result should be like that we will have products created by users and since its a WooCommerce product post type. it can be displayed with CT and our WC Views so it will have the add to cart button.

As I said you may need lot of custom programming so you may contact our certified partners for your custom programming needs:
https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/

Thank your very much for your help Minesh!
I think I now have a better understanding.
I really like your approach. I'll give this a try.
Have a nice day!
Nicholas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.