Skip Navigation

[Resolved] After Upgrade to Blocks V1.2 could no View could be created

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maikd 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
vac-slider-view-stops.jpg

I am trying to:
I want to create a new View, voor my custom Posttype, but after selection to display as Slider, it runs and runs and runs. I didn't came to the Loop Wizard.
Before the Update this works with Firefox. Google Chrome not. Now this works in now one Browser ....

Please Check it out.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I see that you are using Layouts.

If you are new to Toolset then I strongly discourage you from using Layouts (especially as you appear to already be using a page builder—Divi). We are in the process of updating our documentation to use Blocks first much like a page builder, and Layouts should only really be used on existing sites.

Is there a reason you need to use Layouts?

If not, please disable it, and if there is something you are trying to do that you are unsure of how to do with Blocks then please ask.

Hi, Nigel,
Okay, I disabled layouts.
How can I use blocks to output a slider for a custom post type on another page (with blocks)?
Thanks
LG Maik

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Just to be clear, there are two kinds of slider (in terms of the data source).

You can have a slider that rotates between different posts (e.g. show one image from one post at a time), or you can have the slides all come from the same post, when you have an image field, for example, with several images attached to the post.

From your question I understand you want the first, to create a slider that rotates between different posts.

In that case, you will want to go to the page where you want the slider to appear and insert a View block.

Rather than me list all the steps here, there's a great video available that demonstrates what's required: hidden link

Why don't you watch that, and then if you are stuck (or not), let me know.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you very much!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.