Skip Navigation

[Resolved] After Update of WP and Toolset Plugins the template was “crashed”

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: After updating Toolset plugins, a Content Template created with Divi is broken. The sidebar that was appearing on the right side is now below the main content.

Solution: Check the markup of the page to eliminate any extra closing div tags.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasB-2 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: See our detailpages as the look before with a content Template generated with the Divi Builder and the sidebar at the right.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Content in Content area and sidebar right beside it.

Instead, I got: The Sidebar under the Content.

After Update the Content Template for "Lehrgänge" was "crashed", it shows after it the sidebar under and not at right of the Content area.
We didn't change the content Template, but still after the update we had a diffent Div Structure wich brings the Sidebar Div Container not inside the Content-area div, but after the div content-area and div Container????

Yes it looks like some extra closing divs are inserted, which breaks the div structure. When I run the HTML validator on your code, it points to line 66 of the source. This is not easy to debug, it's a huge line of code. Maybe try clearing the Divi CSS and JS cached files? Then, try deactivating all plugins except Classic Editor, Types, and Views, and activating the parent Divi theme. Test again to confirm the issue is not a conflict with another plugin or something in your custom theme. If the problem remains, my next suggestion is to copy this Divi design into a backup template. Then try removing content from the Divi builder piece by piece until the sidebar moves into the correct place. My guess is that some content is rendered slightly different after the update, and we can try to pin down which piece is causing the problem.

Hi Christian,

i checked some issues and then i got to the database and checked the Contenttemplate created with Divi. Here i found two additional Divs outside the core Divi Shortcodes, I delete it and all works perfect.
I have no idea from where it comes, but not it works.
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.