Skip Navigation

[Resolved] After last update, all my ajax forms gives error in the first run

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

After upgrading to the latest types. All my ajax forms are generating an error in the first submission. Often generating new posts or custom posts, depending of the form. The log shows this message:

[30-Aug-2017 23:49:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function WP_Installer() in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php:94
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php(72): Toolset_Controller_Admin_Notices->screen_any()
#1 /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): Toolset_Controller_Admin_Notices->init_screens(Object(WP_Screen))
#2 /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#3 /var/www/html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /var/www/html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-screen.php(396): do_action('current_screen', Object(WP_Screen))
#5 /var/www/html/wp-admin/includes/screen.php(232): WP_Screen->set_current_screen()
#6 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/sync/class.jetpack-sync-sender.php(128): set_current_screen('sync')
#7 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/sync/class.jetpack-sync-sender.php(193): Jetpack_Sync_Sender-> in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php on line 94

Hi, I'll be glad to help. Please try these troubleshooting steps first:
- Make a backup of your site and database before attempting changes
- Log out, clear your browser cache and cookies, then log back in to wp-admin.
- Deactivate, then delete all Toolset plugins
- Download, install, and activate plugins again. The order should be Types, then Views, then CRED, then Access.
- Test your forms again, and check the logs for errors.
- If new errors continue to be thrown, temporarily deactivate all plugins except Toolset. Then activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen. If you need to activate Maintenance Mode using a plugin that's fine.
- Resubmit your forms. If no errors are thrown, reactivate your theme and plugins one by one until the conflict is revealed.
- If errors continue to be thrown with only Toolset and a default theme active, I'll need to investigate further. Please let me know the results of these troubleshooting steps.

Hi Christian,

i will do these tests, but i have already downgraded types and now it's working correctly.

Okay thanks for the update. I'll stand by for additional information from you. No need to reply right now.

Hi Christian,

I am returning to say that it's happening in all my sites with the new Types.
Today i found in the log so many entries like this in another site:

[04-Sep-2017 13:09:03 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_installer() in /var/www/arqabs.com/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php on line 94

In another one that i am using only as API and Toolset to model, it happened sometimes too, breaking my API calls.

This site of the log entry i cannot say when it happens, because it's my company site that has nothing besides some simple pages.

No one reported this problem? I have more than 50 sites with Types. Hope not all of them are broke. :/

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

As Christian is currently on vacation I will be handling his queue.

I must apologize for the delayed response here, it seems that there might be some corrupt files from the update.

Could you manually download the file here https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Then manually upload the plugin and let me know if the issue still remains. Sometimes during updates your server can timeout causing the update to not complete fully.

Thanks,
Shane

This error was due to Jetpack performing background synchronizations.

We add a fix for this error in the Types version that has been released yesterday.

Can you update to 2.2.17 and re-check?
The particular error should not exist anymore.

Note that only this particular errors has been addressed.
You may still find errors in CRED screens related to Toolset.
If so, please open a new report for any other kind of error you may find.

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.