Skip Navigation

[Resolved] After installed toolset and “test” it site is broken.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: After I clicked "Design with Toolset" my site looks broken.

Solution: Toolset integration with Elementor is still fairly new and we are actively working with their developers to improve that integration. Right now, the best practices for using Toolset and Elementor together can be found at the links below.

Be sure to deactivate Toolset Layouts if you plan to use Elementor. These products are incompatible and should not be active at the same time. I can't tell from your description if Layouts is active or not. Then check the post on the front-end of your site again. If the content is still not appearing as expected, please edit the post and check the Content Template panel to see if a Content Template is assigned to this post. If so, disassociate this Content Template with the post. Instead of clicking "Design with Toolset," follow the process explained in the documentation to create an Elementor Template:

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-elementor-and-toolset/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MarcelB4224 5 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 15.49.01.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Working on related post in single post

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yup reading your documentation

Is there a similar example that we can see?
No i have the project local

I am looking around in your product. After i clicked Design with toolset it looks like it overruled the configuration of elementor. As you can see in the screenshot all content is gone from the front page. If I edit with elementor i see the full page again but it is just not showing the content "live" Same happend with the single post, some of them are showing and others are empty.

Hi, Toolset integration with Elementor is still fairly new and we are actively working with their developers to improve that integration. Right now, the best practices for using Toolset and Elementor together can be found here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/
See the menu at the top right for links to relevant articles. I encourage you to read the documentation here if you have not already done so.

Be sure to deactivate Toolset Layouts if you plan to use Elementor. These products are incompatible and should not be active at the same time. I can't tell from your description if Layouts is active or not. Then check the post on the front-end of your site again. If the content is still not appearing as expected, please edit the post and check the Content Template panel to see if a Content Template is assigned to this post. If so, disassociate this Content Template with the post. Instead of clicking "Design with Toolset," follow the process explained in the documentation to create an Elementor Template: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-elementor-and-toolset/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.