Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Admin cannot view Private CPT

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.22 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have created a CPT "Promoter".
As Admin, with Access installed, I cannot view a "Promoter" post if another user created the post as "Private".

Tested with only Toolset and standard theme.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Only the Administrator and Editor can view the private posts, can you please tell me using what user role you logged in?

The role is "wpamelia-provider".

Minesh
Supporter

Ok but the role "wpamelia-provider" is created using which role? is that role is created using admin role or subscriber role or author role?

It doesn't matter.
As I told you in my first message, even the main "standard" WP Administrator cannot read these Private posts with Access installed.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please send me access details of your site as well as access details for user who have been assigned the role "wpamelia-provider".

Sadly I cannot give you access because the owner of the sites denied it (GDPR regulation would require you to sign a confidentiality agreement).

I have the same problem also on another site.

I have created a CPT "Promoter", controlled by Access

hidden link

If I set a "Promoter" post to "private", admins get a 404 when trying to view these posts front-end.
Only the author of the post can see them.

I have checked the Access permissions, but is everything marked.
I have only noticed that there's no permission like "read_private_promoter"

hidden link

If I disable Access than I can see the posts.

Any idea?

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please pass me information when you say another user created the post. What user and what is the role assigned to that using who created the private post. Once you shared this information, I will try to create a new user using the same role using which you created the private post and then I will check if loggedin as admin I can access that post.

Can you please share above required information and I am happy to troubleshoot this issue further.

CPT -> promoter
Role -> promoter
I used also "Promoter" as username, but you can use any username you want.

hidden link

This screencast is done while logged in as admin.
20/20 WP Theme and only Types/Access plugins enabled.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok but I would like to know how you created a promoter role - have you usesd "Copy from" any role? or you used "Copy from" None while creating promoter role?

The promoter role has only these permissions

wpcf_custom_post_type_view
level_0
read
read_private_pages
read_private_posts

while admin have everything activated

Minesh
Supporter

If the promoter role has only the permissions you mentioned with your previous reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/admin-cannot-view-private-cpt/#post-1650405

I would like to know how promoter user created private post as the promoter user has only read permissions assigned. Is private post created by promoter user or any other usesr?

We create these posts for them.
It's a private area with sales data, that should be accessible only for admin or a specific promoter.

I have tried also to use standard roles assignment

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

We create these posts for them. ==> OK. using which role you created those posts?

Let me share access details to my site: hidden link
user: admin
pwd: Admin@999

Where I've created custom role "role-promoter ":
=> hidden link

I've also created the CPT Promotors:
=> hidden link

You should create user and add the posts to CPT promotors as you want and can you please show me how I can reproduce the issue.

Done.
hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.