Skip Navigation

[Closed] Adding views shortcode to page causes site to timeout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

Hi,

I am experiencing some issues with views and am at my wits end trying to resolve it.

If I add a view to a page or layout and save I get a connection lost error, also when viewing the page with either the layout or page content with the shortcode Chrome shows an unresponsive error on the page and stops everything from loading.

This is a clients website and I really need to get this sorted as the project is due to be handed over.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Do you aware that today we've released new Toolset plugin version with new features and fixes.
=> https://toolset.com/2016/06/toolset-2-1-ajax-forms-filters-for-wordpress-archives-new-dashboard/

Could you please make sure that you've updated all Toolset plugins to latest official plugin version and try to resolve your issue. You can download it from:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

If your issue still persists:
1)
Could you please activate WP_DEBUG from wp-config.php file and send me possible errors for review.

2)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

3)
If #1 and #2 does not help:

Please share problem URL where I can reproduce the issue.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi,

any news on this?

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - on it now.

To speed up the things, Could you please share one page URL and for example with which view you have the issue?

hidden link

Any update on this?

Minesh
Supporter

I'm debugging this. The problem view is "Treatments - Main Grid - General" and I found in middle that theme is changed?

Are you working currently as well?

Also, could you please update WordPress to its latest version on your install. Please let me know when you stop debugging so I should start from here.

Minesh
Supporter

I can see that you've modified your htaccess file

I have tried to increase the php memory allocation, other than that I renamed the old .htaccess and let wordpress create a new one by re-saving the permalink settings

Minesh
Supporter

So - is your issue is resolved? If yes - really glad to here.

No the issue isn't resolved im afraid, It is a problem with views, I have tried 3 themes including theme intwgration addons for toolset and everytime I put a view on the page it white screens / error 500

Minesh
Supporter

Are you still using this view: ""Treatments - Main Grid - General""?

and this page?
hidden link

Yes that is correct

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I'm accessing this page without issue:
hidden link

How can I reproduce the issue?

To further debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally. For this I'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. If you prefer to do it on your own, you can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

Duplicator instructions:

hidden link

Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

The topic ‘[Closed] Adding views shortcode to page causes site to timeout’ is closed to new replies.