Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding No Selectable Breaks in Dropdown Field

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gavinP 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi guys, I have just built a directory lisiting site and as there are some limitations around the Types and Views search function have had to bundle many options into one dropdown.

Essentially the end user needs to select the county where they live and I'm looking to add country title breaks into the dropdown field.

So to try and explain, at the moment I have around 100 counties all listed for example:

County One
County Two
County Three
County Four
County Five
County Six
Up to County 100

And what I want to be able to do is add a break which isn't selectable to let the end user know what country counties they are looking at, so it would then look more like:

------- England -------
County One
County Two

-------- Wales ---------
County Three
County Four

------ Ireland ----------
County Five
County Six

I can't see any option to add a non selectable to a dropdown but may be totally ovelooking. If you could shed a bit of light on it for us that would be much appreciated 🙂

Thanks so much in advance.

Regards

Gav

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I understand your concern that you need option group drop-down but we do not have any native way to display such dropdown. You need to prepare that drop-down using custom CSS or bootstrap that needs custom programming but that is beyond the scope of our support policy.

However, you can see the following link, how you can make the option group drop-down:
=> hidden link
[Section: "Select boxes with optgroups"]

If you need custom programming for your project, please feel free to contact our certified partners.
=> https://toolset.com/consultant/

Thank you very much for the swift response Minesh. Much appreciated and I kind of thought as much.

Thanks for the links and I will take a look at adding a custom dropdown for this, I was just kind of hoping I was missing something and there was a nice quick fix for what I was after 🙂

Many thanks and keep rocking.....

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.