Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding content to custom author archive

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to display the user meta fields on his custom author archive.

Solution:
Solution can be seen here :
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/adding-content-to-custom-author-archive/#post-601146

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there,

I created a custom author archive that shows the listing of that specific advertiser, see: hidden link

Except for creating the loop to show the ads of the advertiser I can't seem to ad additional content.

For example, I would like to display User Fields I created above the ads list, how can I achieve this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Coet,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

This archive is displaying what the authors and their posts ? Would you mind allowing me to have a look at the setup on the backend ?

I believe I know the issue but can explain better once I have a look.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 10.09.20 AM.png

Hi Coet,

Thank you for the credentials.

You should be able to add information on the author by clicking the Fields and Views button and then click on Post Author. See Screenshot.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.