Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding category title and category description fields to archive page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I'd like to add the category name and category description field to the archive page I built with Toolset hidden link so that I know what category I'm looking at and can learn more about it. How can this be done?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I can see that you have built the archive template using the blocks editor, right?
Currently, there are no blocks that will allow you to display the current category information. You will have to use shortcodes inside a Fields&Text block, a classic block, or a shortcode block.

For the category name use the following shortcode:

[wpv-archive-title]

For the category description, use the following shortcode:

[wpv-taxonomy-description]

Read more about the Toolset shortcodes here https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you Jamal!

In my "[wpv-taxonomy-description]" field I would like to run the shortcode that is present in my Toolset archive layout. How can I do this?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and my apologies for the late reply, but I do not work on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

I assume that you are using Toolset Layouts, right? If yes, you can use the Visual Editor Cell and use the shortcode inside of it. https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/toolset-layouts/rich-content-cell-text-images-html/

Otherwise, I am not sure to understand your question. Can you elaborate more or add some screenshots to help me understand it better?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.