Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding a label before a dynamic field

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
2021-05-04_18-38-53.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hi. I am trying to add a label to a dynamic field, such that the label shows on the same line as the field, something like this: Dog's current status: Available. And in this case, the label is "Dog's current status: " and the field is "Available". I can't seem to get this to show on the same line. I've attached a screen shot of what I'm trying to do.

Is there any documentation that you are following? your video tutorials

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share admin access detail so I can review how exactly you are adding the label.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Lets fix the issue one by one:

Can you please check now, I've added the label and field value side by side in the same line:
=> hidden link

I've added the container block and within the container block I've added the grid block with two columns where in one column we are adding the label and in another column we are displaying the value.

Thanks for showing this, Minesh. That's a nice trick that works, except for the wide and top/bottom spacing. Is there any way to tighten it up? Too bad the dynamic field can't just display a fixed label. I had this working in the "old" Views through HTML coding.

Can you also give me a solution to the problem in the caption?

Thanks, and best wishes.

Alan

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - I've removed the extra space that was displaying as well as top and bottom margin:
=> hidden link

What you mean by caption, what caption and what solution you require?

2021-05-07_10-12-40.jpg

On the caption - you can see from the screen shot what I am attempting - to center the dog's name and change the font and color.

On the main view, this is to be displayed in the sidebar on the right. The text does not work in the smaller view. How can I modify this via the editor to wrap better? Is there a way to get to the html of the template that this is building in the view? Or to make a css declaration? thanks again for your help on this.

Best wishes, Alan

Hi. I'm still looking for help on the caption
2021-05-07_10-12-40.jpg
On the caption - you can see from the screen shot what I am attempting - to center the dog's name and change the font and color.

On the main view, this is to be displayed in the sidebar on the right. The text does not work in the smaller view. How can I modify this via the editor to wrap better? Is there a way to get to the html of the template that this is building in the view? Or to make a css declaration? thanks again for your help on this.

Best wishes, Alan

Minesh
Supporter

Toolset offers free test platform http://www.discover-wp.com where you can find number of reference sites:
=> https://discover-wp.com/site-templates/

I suggest you should visit any of reference site and learn how those are made by creating a test site for you.

I'm not sure why you display same view on content area as well as sidebar.

Well, the right sidebar where you added the view does not contain enough space that is why output is reduce to the size of available space of right sidebar.

You can add your custom CSS and JS to your vie, here is the doc:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/adding-custom-css-to-templates-archives-and-views/#steps-for-adding-css-to-a-view

To adjust the caption font, alignment and color I've added the following CSS code to view's custom CSS sectio;

.tb-image-caption figcaption {

text-align: center;
    color: sienna !important;
    font-family: cursive;
    font-weight: bold;
}

You can adjust it as required.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.