Skip Navigation

[Resolved] add toolset post feld to order item name in cart and email.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I need to add toolset post feld(textfield-5bdd63fd) to order item name in cart and email. I need info like "Servotech Number: ST-EP-DR-86F-3000-N-10" to be placed under item name or somewhere like that.

Solution:

Q1) order item name in cart
There isn't such a built-in feature within Toolset plugin, you will need find the template for renderring the Woocommerce cart, for example, woocommerce plugin file woocommerce\templates\cart\cart.php, add the custom PHP codes in it, like this:

<?php echo get_post_meta( $product_id, 'wpcf-textfield-5bdd63fd', true );

Q2) email

If it is the "Customer processing order email", then the template file should be this one:
woocommerce\templates\emails\customer-processing-order.php

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I need to add toolset post feld(textfield-5bdd63fd) to order item name in cart and email. I need info like "Servotech Number: ST-EP-DR-86F-3000-N-10" to be placed under item name or somewhere like that.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/adding-some-custom-fields-to-woocommerce-order-mail/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/adding-data-form-custom-field-to-woocommerce-order-e-mail/
hidden link

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Dear Natalia,

Q1) order item name in cart
There isn't such a built-in feature within Toolset plugin, you will need find the template for renderring the Woocommerce cart, for example, woocommerce plugin file woocommerce\templates\cart\cart.php, add the custom PHP codes in it, like this:

<?php echo get_post_meta( $product_id, 'wpcf-textfield-5bdd63fd', true ); ?>

Q2) email
Which email are we talking about?
If it is the "Customer processing order email", then the template file should be this one:
woocommerce\templates\emails\customer-processing-order.php

Thank you so much! That is what I need to know!

You are welcome

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.