Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add item to a multiselect custom post field with CRED form?

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bonnieW 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Allow users to add an option to a multiselect post field through a CRED form. Currently the user cannot add an option; an administrator must first create the option in the back end so that it appears in the CRED form.

Is this possible? There have been a lot of changes to the plugins lately so I'm not sure. If it's not possible, does anyone have a suggestion for a better way to organize things?

It's a glossary, and each word must be associated with any number of keywords. I currently have one post field group for the custom post type "Words". Some of the options are audio or image fields, some are text, and some are multiselect. I would like the front-end user to be able to add an option to the multiselect fields.

For example, a word can belong to the following categories: home, school, sports, food... If a category is missing, the admin must add it. But It would be great to allow the user to add it through the CRED form.

Is this possible? If not, is there a better way?

The URL is: hidden link.

Thanks for your help!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately this is not possible through the use of a custom field. Custom field values must be set through the backend.

However with the use of taxonomies then you are able to add new terms to the taxonomy from the frontend forms.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you. I don't know how much work it would be to rebuild everything using taxonomies instead of the custom fields, and I'm pretty sure I decided not to take that route in the very beginning for some reason or another. Thanks for the information - I guess I'll just live with the way things are on this particular project!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.