Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add further filtering to the Elementor widget 'Toolset View'

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nickT-2 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,

Previously to using Elementor I was using shortcode like this to display my views:

{!{wpv-view name='shop-product-album-titled-list' producttag='album'}!}

In the above shortcode I'm using a shortcode attribute to further filter the view to only show a certain type of product.

But please can I check if this is possible with the Elementor 'Toolset View' widget?

At the moment it's showing the view correctly but it's missing this further filtering which I was able to do with the shortcode attribute. There doesn't seem to be any further filtering options, only settings for sorting.

Anyone else having thing issue?

Thanks
Nick

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Nick,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Your observation is correct and the "Toolset Views" widget offered by the Elementor, doesn't support the option to pass the shortcode attributes.

To overcome this limitation, you'll need to replace the "Toolset Views" widget with the "Shortcode" widget and you can include the view's shortcode (with the shortcode attribute) through that.

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

OK thanks for letting me know.

Maybe this could be a wishlist item for development.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.