Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add event posts to calendar

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? Find out how to create a calendar using Toolset posts

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see? No

I understand the the calendar for Toolset is not going to be implemented so I'm looking at a way to see if I could send Toolset posts to either a WP or HTML calendar. Some starter advice would be good 🙂

Hi, Toolset doesn't offer any built-in integrations with calendar widgets, and it's not exactly trivial to whip up an HTML calendar from custom post data using Views. A monthly list-based format would be much simpler to produce with Views. You could add filtering by month and year. If what you want is a visual calendar showing events posts organized into months, weeks and days like a standard calendar, you need (1) a calendar widget, and (2) a way to publish data into that widget. That might involve creating a custom feed of some kind, like a custom RSS feed or a custom .ics feed, depending on the data formats supported by whatever calendar widget you choose. For example, you can subscribe to an .ics feed in a Google Calendar, and there are free widgets for embedding a Google Calendar in your site.

If you're interested in more information about customizing an ical feed:
https://www.noeltock.com/web-design/wordpress/how-to-ical-with-custom-post-types/

I can help with any Toolset APIs or show you how to access any custom field values with PHP if you need more information from a Toolset perspective, but customizing feeds is pretty far outside the scope of support we offer here in the forums. Let me know if you have follow-up questions about that.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.