Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Accordion cell html structure changed

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

A user reported that he is noticing some changes in the HTML output of the accordion cell included with the Toolset Layouts plugin.

Solution:

Guided that the change in the mark-up of the accordion cell seems to be related to the Bootstrap version.

The old markup from the "before" screenshot is used when "Bootstrap 3" is in use, while the new markup from the "after" screenshot is generated when "Bootstrap 4" is in use.

Relevant Documentation:

n/a

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.30 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by erikd-6 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
FAQ front end before.png
FAQ back end before.png
FAQ front end after.png
FAQ back end after.png

On a clients site we have used an accordion cell in Layouts to build a FAQ. After my client updated some content if the accordion, the front end view was disrupted. It appeared that the accordion cell had produced a completely different html code and my custom css for styling the FAQ did not work anymore due to the altered markup. I have been able to replicate the before and after states of this issue in a developer site which runs a recent copy of the live site.

Question: has Toolset changed anything in the html output of the accordion cell?

I add screenshots of the front end and the html before and after.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The change in the mark-up of the accordion cell seems to be related to the Bootstrap version.

The markup from your "before" screenshot is used when "Bootstrap 3" is in use, while the markup from the "after" screenshot is generated when "Bootstrap 4" is in use.

Please go to WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> General and select "Bootstrap 3" for the "Bootstrap loading" option and old HTML output structure will be reverted.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you Waqar. Your solution fixed the problem.
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.