Skip Navigation

[Resolved] access to a specific plugin for editor role

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi,
I would give access to the editor role the possibility of using a specific plugin (not all). Is there a solution? I can't find anything in the settings to manage access to the plugin.
I found this page but I don't see how to use it.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/letting-access-control-privileges-for-other-plugins/
Thanks.
Olivier

I would give access to the editor role the possibility of using a specific plugin (not all)
Hi, it depends on the other plugin and whether or not that plugin uses permissions to manage access to their menu items in wp-admin, and other features. For example, WooCommerce offers multiple permissions which restrict access to different menu items and features in wp-admin. One example of those permissions is "manage_woocommerce". You can turn permissions on or off for different User roles in the Toolset > Access Control > Custom Roles tab. You must choose "Enable advanced mode" to manage permissions like this.

You should check with the other plugin's developers or their support team to determine which permission(s) should be deactivated to restrict access to their menu items in wp-admin. Some plugins do not use permissions like this, they manage access to plugin features using other proprietary logic which cannot be controlled by Access.

Let me know if you have questions about controlling 3rd-party plugin permissions with Access.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.