Skip Navigation

[Resolved] access shortcode with blocks

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.51 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ScottM9386 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi,

I'm playing around with blocks. How does one surround a view on a page with access shortcode?
Insert a shortcode block before and after the view and put the opening in first block and closing in second?
Seems weird....

Hello, so far there isn't a lot of Access integration with Blocks. Instead it's usually best to use a text block of some kind to insert Access shortcodes and Views shortcodes using the Classic style editor.

Thank you Christian, will do.
using a shortcode block above and below the views block also seemed to work but is clumsy.
An observation...don't know where to send this. When one inserts a views block into a small width column and select use existing view, one can't read the names of the views in the drop down, the titles get cut off. This is really annoying as I have so many views which I only recognize the one I need by the title, but the title in this case is cut off.

Thanks.

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cannot-read-view-titles-in-view-block-editor-used-in-a-narrow-column/

Okay thanks for the report. I will split the View title concern into another ticket so I can potentially escalate that separately as a usability issue. I'll update you in the other ticket shortly.

Thanks Christian!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.