Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Access not accepting changes to form settings

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I'm trying to change the access settings on forms. (access 2.8.12)

But it is not accepting/saving the changes.
I tried converting back to older versions (10&11) and still the same problem.
Changes to post type work fine.
It was working a few days ago, I believe before I updated WordPress & Toolset.

Any quick fix solution ?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jane,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I took a look at your debug information and saw that you had quite a few plugins installed.

Would it be possible for you to temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and try changing the setting again.

If the issue still remains after trying this please let me know and provide me with admin access so that I can have a firsthand look at the site.

Thanks,
Shane

Another few things I noticed with the access settings.

- User Forms and relationship forms work fine. So its only Post forms that I can not change the settings on.
- Could the amount of post forms that I have be an issue ?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jane,

I did notice in the console when trying to set the permissions that there is an error 404 on the admin-ajax file.

Would t be ok if I took a copy of the site so that I can run some tests here locally to see if the same issue occurs ? If it does then I will need to pass this ticket to our 2nd tier supporters for further debugging.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Your all set to take a copy.

Juan may need this copy as well to try and resolve another issue that he has been working on for almost a year, haven't heard back from him in almost 4 months regarding a performance issue https://toolset.com/forums/topic/major-issue-with-new-toolset-views/

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jane,

I'm having some issues with the copy and the SSL certificate.

However what I was going to do on my end was to cycle through the php versions that I have available.

If your Server has multiple php version perhaps you can cycle through the available ones except php version 8 and see if the issue still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I'm confused, will changing my php version fix my Toolset Access issue or your issue with the copy ?

Hi Shane,

Forget about php.

I have identified the problem and made a temporary workaround.

Apparently there is a capacity limit with your current design, and I have reached it. At first I thought it might be the total amount of forms, but it is actually the total amount of items selected, that is the cause.
By reducing the items selected on other forms I was able to add that to my new forms and thus create a temporary fix.

Since your current design for Access settings of post forms no longer works for me. I suggest maybe replacing your one big long row of all post forms, into smaller groups, say based on post type.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this issue and hopefully a quick solution as I will be adding more forms soon.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jane,

Happy to see that you're able to come up with a temporary fix, however can you explain what you're referring to when you say Total number of items selected.

Is it that you mean how many permission checkbox have been selected over the various form types, such as Post forms and User forms?

Please clarify perhaps I can setup a temporary test here. Also could you set the temporary access back to admin until we've finished identifying the issue and able to replicate.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Yes. I mean the total amount of permission checkboxs that have been selected in the post forms section only, as user forms had no problem and are under a different save option.

Your set back up, and if you test on my site, use the "venues edit" form, which is the 4th and 5th form on the list.
I have freed up 9 spots (amount of items left that can be clicked on and saved after that it will not save any more). So if you click on 9 different permissions and save, it will work add 1 more and it will not save.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jane,

I tried to log in again to grab an export of your forms and permissions to setup another local test but it would appear that the admin privileges have been disabled again.

Can you re-enable it again.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

You do not need another copy.

This is the problem :
- I counted all the permissions that have been selected, including the admin (which are selected by default) and came up with 998. Unless I missed a few in the count it looks like the max limit is 1,000.

- Then I came across this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18666104/is-there-a-limit-on-checked-checkboxes-in-php-form-post

So you can show that to your developers.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the additional information on this. I will pass it along to our developers.

Can you confirm that increasing the max_input_var variable in your php.ini file allows you to set more checkboxes checked for forms permissions ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Yes I can confirm, that changing the value for max_input_vars works.

However according to the 2nd answer its not the proper way to fix the issue. So you can use that method to fix the issue or as i mentioned earlier, break down the post forms section into smaller portions (by post types as an example) with more than 1 save button.

I will wait for your updated version that will fix this problem.

Thanks,
Jane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jane,

I've created an escalated ticket for this so that our 2nd tier team can have a look an then take it further with the development team,

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.