Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Access issue on created roles

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Pat

Hello,

I'm using access in a site with Toolset and WC.
I have created a new role (Alain admin) that normally have the same rights than administrator (I have used administrator as the duplicated role for this new one).
Now, when I'm in the backend with this new role, I'm not able to seen in the left column, some tabs like orders, products, and in general, all postypes created with Toolset.

Any idea?
Regards
Pat

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Pat,

Thank you for getting in touch.

You mentioned that this role is a copy of the Admin role, however are you restricting the custom post types individually by role ?

Can you send me a screenshot of your Post type Access settings so that I can have a look ? Also let me know which role you are having the issue with.

Thanks,
Shane

Pat
toolset-backend-role-delta.jpg

Hi Shane,

Perhaps I have to give you some additional info :
- I have created this new role to offer my client the ability to access the backend of the site with a minimum of options (use of adminimize plugin). All that is related below is made without this plugin in order to make sure that we discuss only of Toolset issues.

- Now, if I log into the backend with my client account, I can see all WordPress standard tabs in the left, but some are missing :
For example, in WC, I'm not able to access to the orders or have the product listing
And, in addition, all postypes created with Toolset (ie : Adhésions, Ins enseignements, Ins conférences, Ins Sorties ...) are nos visible.

You can see the differences between the 2 roles in the backend thanks to the file toolset-backend-role-delta.jpg

Concerning the role created (Alain-admin), I have checked that he has the same access rights (in Toolset acces role tab) than the administrator role.

Last point is that I have checked how the different postypes were managed within Access. Only the Pages postype is managed by access. The others are nor managed by Access. I have tried to make Products managed by access and the product list is now seenable in the Alain-admin backend !

Does that means that if a postype is not managed by access, the created roles cannot see them in the backend, even if they have the highest access rights?

Let me know
Regards
Pat

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

I will need to do a more detailed check on this site for you to check the user role itself. As you say you've copied over the admin right from the default administrator role so you should be able to see exactly what the default admin does.

Could you provide admin access to the site so that I can check on this for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

Pat

Hi Shane,

Thanks for coming back.
Unfortunately, the site is in production and I cannot give you access. Is there something else I can do to help you to better understand what could cause the issue?
Have you made this kind of configuration in one of your test site?

Let me know
Regards
Pat

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

Is it possible to get a copy of the site itself since you can't provide access?

I ran a test on this by creating a new role that was copied from the Admin and I was able to have access to all the CPT that was created.

On my end the issue isn't replicable.

If you're able to provide a copy instead so that I can check your setup please follow the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Shane

Pat

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the feedback. I can make a simple copy but I need you provide the confidential access for my answer.
Regards
Pat

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

Sure I will enable the private fields for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

Thank you I was able to restore the backup.

I find that manually setting the permissions for each of the CPT allows the custom user role to access them.

So if you go to Toolset -> Access Control and set each of the CPT to be managed by access you will see them starting to show up on your custom user role.

Please try this on your end and let me know as this works fine for me on your website copy.

Thanks,
Shane

Pat

Hi Shane,

Thanks for taking care.
I'm agree and I have also mentioned that in one of my first answer.
So, I have a kind of turnaround there.
Now, I would like to know why this is not working if you don't use Access to manage the postypes (even postypes that are not created by Types like products are not seenable by this new role?).
Does that means that as soon as Access is in function, it blocks all postypes for new created roles and you have to manually give permission to all postypes in order these new roles have access to them?

Let me know
Regards
Pat

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

For further clarity on this, it seems in your case you will need to set the permissions on the Post Types.

What should happen and this is what happens in my testing is that whenever I create a new role as a clone of the Admin then the all the CPT shows up fine on that new role without me setting up the permissions.

Not sure what is happening on your end but you will need to setup your permissions as a workaround for this issue.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.