Skip Navigation

[Resolved] ACCESS Form

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by acts-1224C 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have a membership site, and I have created a post type "trainer" which has regular custom fields and a section for two repeatable fields in a single repeatable field group.
The customs fields are filled out when account is created. However the repeatable field group is for weekly reporting.
Upon triggering a form, as the form is displayed and the two repeatable fields available are field in (date and attendance), but when we click "submit" the form of repeatable fields, the form shows alert "post saved" but the data is not saved nor populated into the post type, either.

My question: is it possible to have a form that will feed repeatable information for a single post type ? I needed the subscriber with author credentials to be able to report weekly on the attendance of their group. or it only works if I create a relationship with another post type "reporting"? I wanted to minimize the amount of post types in my application for it can become cumbersome with some many post types almost working with the same functionality.

Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I am not sure to understand how you have set up the repeatable field group. Are you having nested field groups?

Remember that a Field Group is actually a hidden custom post type, child of a hidden One-to-many relationship to its parent custom post type.

Please check this article on how to have forms for RFGs https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-repeatable-field-groups/

Finally, you can also build a form using generic fields and add custom code to save the data as an Item of the RFG.

If this does not help, please provide more details or allow me temporary access to check how the RFGs are configured, how the form is configured. And if possible record a screencast that displays how you enter values in the form, the success message and how the data is not saved at all.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.