Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Access Control not working

This support ticket is created 7 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 - -
15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Author

I am trying to: modify Access Control for one of my custom post types...X's

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: ability to open each section and pick and choose the access for each form I have created

Instead, I got: sections that open and then close before I can select anything. Very weird behavior.

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hello.

Welcome back to the Toolset support forum.

To diagnose this issue better please perform the following tests:
Please check that all your WP components themes and plugins are updated to their latest version.
Especially please update all Toolset plugins to their latest version.
You can get the latest versions from here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
Or you can update the Toolset plugins through your WordPress installation.
Then please check to see if the problem occurs.

If it is still occurring then, please check if this issue appears when:
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen.
Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If it persists then:
- Deactivate all non-WPML Plugins.
It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugins.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If the above steps did not point to a the problematic plugin or theme, please do the following:
Please provide me with the WordPress debug.log
Please check this page for instructions
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/
To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
1. define('WP_DEBUG', true);
2. define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.
If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link, it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in discussion).

Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

Please, could you provide me the additional Info?
Thanks,
Itamar.

I did as you suggested and it turns out the 'Ultimate Member - Social Login' was causing the conflict. Not sure why, but knowing that's the issue, I can always, deactivate it, then make my changes to Access, then re activate it until they fix it...thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.