Skip Navigation

[Resolved] able to upload image to repeating field but image not retained on submit

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by malagaS 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: upload image(s) to repeating field

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: the image

Instead, I got: a blank space where the image slider should be. other image sliders do show on the page - this was working fine and then stopped working.

i am able to upoad images and select them, but after submitting the post, they are no longer selected. i've tried new posts, different images from posts that do work, clearing/disabling cache, etc. after a couple of hours i can't make it work. i don't know if it's possibly related but i can't install the access plugin without the site going down.

also, i'm able to create a regular post, upload a featured image, and the image does show in the post on the front end - so there are no issues with that. i've also tried cloning an existing types post and switching out the image but on submit all images disappear. so it seems to happen only with toolset. i've disabled all caching in theme, caching plugin and cdn.

Hi, just hoping to get help with this ticket today if possible. thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I just checked with my test site where the latest Toolset plugins installed only and in backend I edit my single post for a specific post type where repeating image field is available and I uploaded 3-5 new images and saved the post and I can see the images is uploaded and displayed with the repeating field successfully without any issue in the backend (admin) section.

Do I miss any step here?

Also, in order to minimise the scope of the issue and to ensure there is not plugin/theme conflict:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

ok, I'll start troubleshooting. since nothing had changed from the day before when it was all working, i thought maybe you guys have seen this issue before and might have clues. i'll test for plugin conflicts.

I deactivated all the plugins except toolset and fusion and same issue. changed to standard theme and problem solved - was able to select images for the repeating field, and they were retained and showed on the front end. switched back to avada and edited the same post, added another image and submitted - again no images showed on front end of post.

seems to be an avada conflict, but the day before i opened the ticket it was working, and i don't think there was any update to avada. not sure if there was a toolset update?

some more testing:

with wordpress default theme installed, successfully attached images to the toolset post
switch to avada theme, open the post and submit without making any changes> images disappear.

by the way, this is a newly built site - since the supporter in another ticket said it's an old site with too much going on, i started from scratch and got rid of a lot of plugins in the process. the only thing i did was to import posts using wp awesome and that may have carried over some old meta - but other than that it should be a pretty clean install.

please advise the fastest way for me to approach this. thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

with wordpress default theme installed, successfully attached images to the toolset post
==>
Ok great.

switch to avada theme, open the post and submit without making any changes> images disappear.
==>
There could be compatibility issue.

Can you please pass me access details and problem URL so I can check whats going wrong there?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Unfortunately the admin access details you shared is not working at this end.

One of the image upload related issue fix is available with the following link:
=> https://toolset.com/errata/fatal-error-in-image-optimisation-plugins-when-using-types-3-3-11/
- Would you mind to apply the fix on your staging site and see if that help you to resolve your issue? If no:
Please send me working access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

THAT WORKED!!! thank you so much.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.