Skip Navigation

[Resolved] A toolset custom post (Residential Projects) not adding content to template

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by perryA 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I am trying to get the content of the Residential Projects posts to populate a template. I have two entries in Residential Projects: 509 Vinnedge and Test Residential Project. The test entry works, but the Vinnedge one does not. So from the "Residental Project" page (hidden link) if you click on Vinnedge you get a blank page, but if you click on the Test it goes to a populated template page. Can you tell me what's wrong with the Vinnedge post?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I am having the same output for both posts, check this screenshot hidden link

And from what I gathered so far, it seems that both posts are using a content template "template-for-residential-projects", and they also seem to be displayed using an Elementor Single Post template.
If the custom post is both using a content template and Elementor single post template, it won't work for both. We need to only have one of them assigned, either a content template or an Elementor template.

I hope this helps find the root cause and fix it. Otherwise, I'll need to take a closer look at your admin area. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Check the following articles on how to create Elementor single templates, you may need to check with the Elementor Support team.
- hidden link
- hidden link

And make sure the post does not have a content template assigned to it. It should have "None" on the "Content Template" metabox. Check this screenshot hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

I forgot to mention that the provided credentials were not working for me. You can update your previous reply with the correct credentials.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.