Skip Navigation

[Resolved] #544 Conflict between Toolset Access and SEOPress redirections

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The customer reported that when Toolset Access is active, the "redirection" post type section from the SEOPress plugin is not accessible and shows a permission error.

Solution:
After testing, confirmed that if the "Managed by Access" option is selected in the Access post type settings for the "Redirections" post type, the issue is fixed.

Relevant Documentation:
n/a

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by romanB-3 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,
I have a website with both plugins Toolset Access and SEOPress redirections.
If I deactivate Toolset Access, SEOPress works great.
But if Toolset Access is activated, then I can't access SEOPress redirections dashboard.
I contacted SEOPress support that says Toolset Access must have interfere with the plugin permissions (hidden link)
Still, in Toolset Access dashboard, I can see "Redirections" are "(Non géré par Access)".
Thank you.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Could we please get more details of how to reproduce the problem—I've tried on my local test site but cannot.

I installed the SEOPress plugin on a site which also has Access active.

If I go to Toolset > Access there doesn't appear to be a "redirections" post type.

I can navigate all of the SEOPress settings pages without problem.

I don't know where to find a "SEOPress redirections dashboard".

Sorry for misleading, it's SEOPress PRO only. Thanks.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how Toolset Access and the SEOPress PRO plugins are configured in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message? I'll also need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of the website, in case this needs to be investigated on a different server.

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details, but, I can't seem to access the admin area's login page.
( it redirects back to the homepage )

Is the website using any secret login page URL?

I've set your next reply as private again.

Waqar
Supporter

The admin access details worked, thank you.

During troubleshooting on your website's clone, I noticed that if the "Managed by Access" is selected in the Access' post type settings for the "Redirections" post type ( screenshot: hidden link ), the SEOPress redirections dashboard becomes accessible ( screenshot: hidden link ).

You can select the same option on your production website too.

Hi,
I've just tried this with no succes. 🙁
Thanks.

My bad. Not sure why but it works now!
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Please note since the "Redirections" should not be managed by Access, this seems to be a conflict: Access should not interfere with a CPT if "not managed by it", right?

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update and glad that it is working.

I've checked the code in the "SEOPress PRO" plugin that registers the post type "Redirection" and it registers its own capabilities which are used to determine which users can access the redirection posts dashboard.
( usually in most third-party plugins, you'll find the default 'post' and/or 'page' capability checks )

This is why when the Access plugin is active, the default setting of "Use the default WordPress read permissions" for this post type is not enough and you have to change it to "Managed by Access".

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.