Toolset lets you create a custom search for products. It can include filters for product fields and categories but also custom fields, taxonomies, and more.
- Add a new page.
- Insert the Toolset View block.
- In the View-creation wizard, enable the Search option.
- Choose Products as the type of content this View will display.
In the upper part of your View’s editing area you add filters.
- Click on the Add Search Field button to add filters.
- Use the Add Search Button to add the submit button which will trigger the searching.
- Insert the Toolset Grid block and drag-and-drop your filters into it to arrange your filters into columns.
In the bottom part of your View’s editing area you design your search results.
- Insert blocks into the WordPress Archive Loop area to design a single item of your View loop.
- Use the Toolset Heading and Single Field blocks with dynamic sources to display your product title, excerpt, custom fields, and taxonomies.
- Use blocks from the Toolset WooCommerce section to insert WooCommerce elements such as the Add to Cart Button, Product Price, and more. You will notice that all Toolset WooCommerce blocks allow you to select a custom or native output type.
You can enhance your search by:
- styling your filters
- adding pagination
- making results update on-the-fly using AJAX
- setting up the View search and results side by side:
Visit the Creating a Custom Search lesson to learn more.
For video instructions and more information visit the lesson about creating a custom search.
- Enabling Additional WooCommerce Fields in Product Forms
- Adding Toolset Blocks to the WooCommerce My Account Page
- Selecting WooCommerce Blocks Output Type
- Creating a Custom List of WooCommerce Products for a Taxonomy
- Building a Custom WooCommerce Shop Page
- Creating a Custom List of Related WooCommerce Products
- Creating Custom Templates for WooCommerce Products
- Adding a Custom Taxonomy to WooCommerce Products
- Creating a Custom WooCommerce Product Slider
- Adding Custom Fields to WooComerce products
- Creating Front-end Forms for Adding WooCommerce Products
- Charge users for registering premium accounts
- Charge users for submitting content
- Custom WooCommerce Roles and Admin Capabilities