Toolset Blocks 1.3 Beta – Test the post relationships improvements
Help us test the Toolset Blocks 1.3 Beta! This release aims to make it much easier to display content from related posts. It also greatly simplifies the translation workflow for sites built with Toolset.
Easy-to-use Post Relationships
Better Translation Workflow for Toolset-powered Sites
The translation workflow for websites built with Toolset just got much easier.
Thanks to these improvements, this is basically how translation works now:
- To translate Toolset elements simply send them for translation. All the strings inside them will be available in the Translation Editor. This includes Content Templates, Archive pages, and Toolset forms.
- To translate a View, simply send the page with a View for translation. You can then translate all the strings in that View along with the rest of the page.
- To translate related posts or the ones with repeatable field groups, you don’t need to first create them in the default language.
- You can now also connect posts that do not have a default language version.
How to Install this Beta Version
We recommend using the beta for testing purposes and not on production sites.
To test this beta you will need 3 beta plugins:
- Toolset Types 3.4 Beta
- Toolset Blocks 1.3 Beta
- Toolset Forms 2.6 Beta (for post relationships forms)
Go to your Toolset Account’s Download page and in the Choose channel dropdown select Beta. A list of available beta plugins will appear and you can download them. Alternatively, you could switch to beta versions directly from the WordPress admin.
Testing the New Translation Workflow
If you want to test the improved translation workflow, you will also need the following plugins:
- WPML Core 4.3.17 Beta
- WPML Translation Management 2.9.9 (stable)
- WPML String Translation 3.0.12 (stable)
Go to your WPML Account’s Download page and download the stable versions of WPML Translation Management and WPML String Translation.
Then, in the Choose channel dropdown select Beta. The WPML beta plugin will appear and you can download it. Alternatively, you could switch to beta version directly from the WordPress admin.
Share Your Feedback
Found a bug or have a feature or usability suggestions?
Let us know in the comments below and we’ll reply quickly!