Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Zip file not opening on Module Import

This support ticket is created 5 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.01 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to use one of new modules from the module library (Portfolio Two Column Grid with Gallery) when I import it I am getting a "unable to open zip file message"

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I suspect that the issue here is that your server doesn't have the ZipArchive module enabled.

What I recommend that you do is to contacting your holding provider and ask them to enable this module for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for the response Shane, a couple of things

1) I can open other zip files (eg when installing plugins etc) without problems, if the ZipArchive module is not enabled would this issue not have appeared before?

2) By "holding provider" do you mean "hosting provider"

thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Chris,

I see, yes if you're able to open the other items from zip files then it should already be enabled.

Could you send me the zip file for the module so that I can have a look at it here locally ?

Thanks,
Shane

Zip Failure.jpg
Library Selection.jpg

Shane

I don't have the zip file. The error occurs when I select the "Import" button from the Module Library. I have attached images of where I am clicking and the result that occurs.

Hope this helps

Shane
Supporter

Hi Chris,

I've imported the module myself and provided a zip file for you.
hidden link

Please download and try it and let me know if you were able to install the gallery.

You will need to go Import/Export and import the zip file.
Thanks,
Shane

Google Drive Access Denied.jpg

Hi Shane

Tried to access the file but was denied access to the Google Drive. Have submitted an access request via Google. Please let me know when access is granted so I can try again.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Chris,

You should have access to the file now.

Thanks,
Shnae

Import Warning Message.jpg

Hi Shane

Thanks for the zip file, I have managed to import it and it appears to work but I need to spend some more time setting up the portfolio before I am able to confirm it is working correctly however when importing the zip file there was a warning against the "relationships" import (see attached image) - is this important?

When trying to set up a test portfolio, I don't appear to be able to "add first portfolio gallery" - not sure if there is a technical problem or I am doing it wrong, the documentation for the module is not clear if I need to carry out additional steps.

I also need to be able import other modules (e.g. Testimonials Three Cell Slider) so need to understand / resolve the original issue.

Thanks for your continued assistance

Hi, Shane is on public holiday and will return tomorrow to continue assisting you. Thanks for your patience.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Chris,

The warning is just to let you know that the relationship already exists. Not sure how but if this imported relationship didn't exist then it would be added. Its just there to prevent you from accidentally overwriting existing relationships.

Secondly would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site so that I can check on these other issues for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Chris,

I tried this and I was able to add a portfolio without any issues.

Perhaps I need a screenshot of the exact issue ?

Thanks,
Shane

Portfolio Gallery Button Not Working.jpg

I have added a portfolio and have successfully added a cover image and some content (dummy text, images etc) I am assuming that the "add first portfolio gallery" button is the method for adding the images that appear as thumbnails on the portfolio but it does not appear to do anything.

I also need to be able import other modules (e.g. Testimonials Three Cell Slider) so need to understand / resolve the original zip file issue.

Many thanks

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2018-10-19 at 2.07.32 PM.png

Hi Chris,

This actually does work, but it doesn't appear instantly as you would expect.
See screenshot.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane, that seems to be working now but I also need to be able import other modules (e.g. Testimonials Three Cell Slider) so need to understand / resolve the original zip file issue.

Many thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.