Skip Navigation

[Resolved] YouTube embed not saving since Types 1.7.3-b2 (WordPress 4.2.3 update)

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

This thread handles issues due to WordPress API Changes in WP 4.3.2.

It is not recommended to use this Thread as a general workflow reference

All issues described in this Thread are / where due to the WordPress API Changes in interaction with Types/Views, and should be fixed with the latest Toolset Plugins

This support ticket is created 8 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Patrick 8 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I installed the Types 1.7.8-b2 update as a fix for the WordPress 4.2.3 update. This corrected the shortcodes linking issue I was having, but now YouTube and Soundcloud embed codes are not saving.

Nothing fancy here: I have a WYSIWYG field on a content template where I throw the embed code. This has worked on every post up to this point, and all older posts retain their embedded content. However, when I save or publish a new post, the embed code vanishes. (Yes, I am doing this as an administrator.)

Thanks!

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

I can confirm the following:

If the iFrame (youTube embed code as example) is inserted to a WYSIWYG in Text Mode, the iFrame code is just stripped away on save.

It does work though in Visual Mode

I've escalated this issue to have feedback from The DEV ASAP

I don't need access or duplicator packages as I already have prepared a debug Package for the DEV with this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi,
Is there an update to this issue?
Thanks.

I apologize the delay here

I can not anymore reproduce this issue with all latest Toolset Plugins.

Can you still reproduce it on yuor install after making sure you are running all latest Plugins Versions?

You can follow these steps to make sure you have them up and running:

★ INSTRUCTIONS:

❌ Backup your website and database ❌
• Deactivate/Delete the "Installer" plugin (if you have it)
• Deactivate all Toolset plugins
• Login via FTP to your wp-content/plugins folder
• Delete all Toolset Plugins folders
• Go to https://toolset.com/account/downloads/ and download the latest stable Types Plugin, then extract it.
• Upload the plugin via FTP to the wp-content/plugins folder.
⌥ alternatively you could upload the .zip file using Dashboard > Plugins > New > Upload
• Register the Plugin for your site
⌥ you can do that under Dashboard > Types > Installer
• Download all other needed Plugins
• Activate them in Dashboard > Plugins
This should not generate any problems.

⌥ In case you want to register Toolset Plugins for your site manually please make sure to enter the naked URL of your site in wp-types.com (something like hidden link)

⌥ In the extreme case, please try to register with all non-Toolset Plugins deactivated,
and Theme Toolset Bootstrap enabled.

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you for your patience.

Yes, everything seems to be working correctly now. Thank you!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.